Hello Year 4.
Good morning Year 4.
It has been really good to see so many of you completing the tasks that have been set online for you – please let this continue year 4.
We are going to continue to add tasks and resources to this webpage and to Purple Mash so we need you to keep looking at the pages to make sure that you see the new things that we want you to do.
Tasks to complete week beginning 18.1.21:
- We would like you to continue to read three times every week at home.
- Please use the Oxford Owl internet site – https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/at-school/year-4-at-primary-school/
- Please complete the Headstart comprehension task in the Additional Files. If you haven’t had a chance to complete the previous comprehension task, please do so.
This week’s task is in a folder named 18.1.21.
- We would like you to focus on the year 3/4 spellings. We focus on a selection of these words each week, so it would be really helpful if you could also continue to learn these words at home. Try to learn between 5 and 10 of the words from the spelling list each week please.
- Please continue to look at the Bitesize home learning activities on their website – please continue to look at the site and look at the spelling activities based on prefixes, suffixes and homophones. Many of the ideas will be recapping the things that you have already learnt this year: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/this-terms-topics
- Purple Mash:
- We will be setting activities on Purple Mash – please make sure that you complete the activities and then send them back to us so that we can give you some feedback. REMEMBER- you can email us using Purple Mash if you need any help or want to send us a message. You need to log on to Purple Mash and then type 2email into the search bar. We will check this regularly to make sure that you are all ok.
- The Flashback 4 and Fluent in Five activities are in the additional resources file at the bottom of this page – please remember to try these every day.
- White Rose Resources- We use White Rose at school and we would like you to look at the daily videos please: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning
We have put the worksheets that accompany the videos in the Additional Resources file and you will also find the answers to the questions here too.
- Please complete the tasks that we have set below- they are all based on the picture called: Volcano
- Topic and Science:
- Please use https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/this-terms-topics
- This website has resources and tasks for you to complete based on Electricity and the Anglo-Saxons/Vikings.
- There are activities that we want you to complete on the Oak Academy website based on ‘Electricity.’ We will be using this site and the activities in school too.
- We all know that exercise is important to keep our bodies and minds healthy.
- Please use:
- Joe Wicks
- Remember, there are lots of websites to help you with your Spanish:
Please look at the internet safety documents in the Additional Resources file- it is really important to make sure that you know how to keep yourself safe when you are using the internet.
Oak Academy - Science Resources
Example of Fluent in Five
Example of Flashback 4
This is a list of useful websites, they are websites that we use in school and they are websites that we will set regular work on for you to complete:
Times Table Rock Stars/NumBots:
It is really important in Year 4 to keep working on our times tables and number skills.
If you click on the link below, it will take you to the Purple Mash page, this is a site that we use in school. You will need your login details to access this. On this site, there is lots of activities and tasks for you to try. There will be some 2Dos that you can work your way through to help you learn at home. Once you have completed each task, please remember to click the ‘hand-in’ option so the year 4 teachers can see it and then send you feedback.
Oak Academy- Year 4:
Oak Academy provide a lot of activities and learning opportunities. The site includes activities for music, history, science, geography and more.
Pobble 365. This website provides activities for comprehension and reading. Every day, there is a picture and some tasks to complete about it. Some of the pictures provide writing opportunities for you to complete.
Oxford Owl Reading:
Oxford Owl Reading is a free website and has lots of reading based tasks for you to complete.